POSTPARTUM SUPPORT / includes:
- An interview (at no charge) to give you the opportunity to determine if you would like me to be a part of your postpartum experience. I invite you to ask questions about how doulas help, my experience and training, the services I offer including rates and availability and anything else that's on your mind.
Once I am hired I offer:
- Support visits tailored to your needs including:
- Willing, efficient, practical household help with cooking, dishes, errands, laundry, taking out trash, vacuuming, organizing and more
- Respectful, openminded responses to questions you may have about caring for your new baby including approaches to feeding and sleep
- Skilled, experienced childcare for your new baby and older children so you can sleep, eat, bathe, get things done, have some time to yourself and more
- Compassionate, nonjudgmental companionship and emotional support
- Extensive referrals to local resources
- Punctual, professional delivery of services
- Daytime phone and email support between visits
- A schedule of support that meets your needs: Visits can be daily, weekly, a few times a week or on a week to week basis. I provide as few as one visit and as many as twice weekly visits for several months. Some families contact me prenatally, many reach out after their baby or babies are born. Some families schedule months in advance and some contact me on a week to week, as needed basis. Most visits are three hours or more. Every situation is different, as every family is different!