BIRTH SUPPORT / includes:
- An interview (at no charge) to give you the opportunity to determine if you would like me to be a part of your birth experience. I invite you to ask questions about how doulas help, my experience and training, the services I offer including rates and availability and anything else that's on your mind.
Once I am hired I offer:
- Two prenatal visits at your home (one with you and one with you and your husband or partner) to get to know each other and to get a sense of how I can help you have a safe, healthy and satisfying birth experience as YOU define it. I invite you to share with me your hopes and concerns about giving birth, your preferences about your care and your baby's care during pregnancy, labor, delivery and the immediate postpartum period and to ask any questions you have about anything at all!
- By request and on a case by case basis I will attend prenatal visits with you and your health care provider and I will accompany you during any prenatal procedures.
- Unlimited daytime phone and email contact with you for the remainder of your pregnancy.
- Resources and referrals tailored to the needs and interests of your family. For example: parenting multiples, postpartum emotional complications, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding and working outside the home, safe sleeping practices, childbearing loss and more.
- I will be on call for you from week 38 to week 42 of your pregnancy.
- CONTINUOUS LABOR SUPPORT = I will join you at home or at the hospital at any point in your labor that you wish. I will provide emotional, physical and informational support until your baby is born and you and your new family are resting comfortably (typically two to four hours after delivery).
- A visit to your home in the first weeks of your baby's life to talk about the birth and admire your baby.